Stanislaus River Flows
A Guide to Flows
- Flows are measured in cubic feet per second (CFS).
- Average flows on the Stanislaus in summer months are between 250-750CFS. These flows are considered amateur-friendly "float trips".
- Flows between 750-1000CFS are still mellow, but we do recommend participants know how to swim, and you want to have one adult per child attending.
- Flows between 1001-1300CFS are more challenging, and require at least 2+ strong paddlers per boat, and we recommend all participants know how to swim.
- Flows between 1300-2000CFS are considered high flow. Participants need to know how to swim, all boats need 2+ strong paddlers, and strong communication among group members is a must. Alcohol is banned at these flows. All children must be 7 or older.
- Flows above 2000CFS are normally too dangerous to run trips. We do not recommend the general public raft above 2000CFS.
What are the flows in 2019?
The following are projections, and can change suddenly, so please visit the link at bottom for up the minute flows.
Flows are projected to be 1000-2000CFS in April and May.
Flows in June are normally 500-1000CFS.
Flows in July, August and September are normally 200-500CFS.
For daily flow information, please visit: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/QueryF?s=OBB
Making a Reservation
So you've taken a look, you like what you see, and you want to bring some friends and family out to go rafting! Now what do you do? Making a reservation is the first step, and Sunshine makes it easy to plan for you and your group! Just click book now on the top right menu, or call us at 800-829-7238!
Getting More Information
You know the trip sounds awesome, but you want some expert insight into the trip. How do you get that? Just call us at 800-829-7238 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to give you feedback that's been crafted with over 35 years in the industry!
Do you have a large group of eight or more and would like request a trip? If you know your trip details, planned dates, and number of people in your group, you can get started right now.