Stanislaus River Flows
High Flow Rules through August 15th (and possibly beyond)
During high flows:
-Children must be at least 7 to participate.
-No alcohol is allowed. No exceptions will be made. Groups bringing ice chests/bags will need to open them prior to boarding so that alcohol does not make its way on to rafts.
-Everyone needs to know how to swim.
-You must have at least 4 people in your group, and at least 2 of those people need to be strong paddlers so that you can steer your raft.
What are the flows in 2021?
The following are projections, and can change suddenly, so please visit the link at bottom for up the minute flows.
Starting in early June, flows will go to 1500CFS, which is high flow. Flows are projected to stay at that level through mid-August, and possibly beyond
For daily flow information, please visit: Stanislaus River Flows
A Guide to Flows
- Flows are measured in cubic feet per second (CFS).
- Average flows on the Stanislaus in summer months are between 200-750CFS. These flows are considered amateur-friendly "float trips".
- Flows between 750-1000CFS are still mellow, but we do recommend participants know how to swim, and you want to have one adult per child attending.
- Flows between 1001-1300CFS are more challenging, and require at least 2+ strong paddlers per boat, and we recommend all participants know how to swim.
- Flows between 1300-2000CFS are considered high flow. Participants need to know how to swim, all boats need 2+ strong paddlers, and strong communication among group members is a must. Alcohol is banned at these flows. All children must be 7 or older.
- Flows above 2000CFS are normally too dangerous to run trips. We do not recommend the general public raft above 2000CFS.
Making a Reservation
So you've taken a look, you like what you see, and you want to bring some friends and family out to go rafting! Now what do you do? Making a reservation is the first step, and Sunshine makes it easy to plan for you and your group! Just click book now on the top right menu, or call us at 800-829-7238!
Getting More Information
You know the trip sounds awesome, but you want some expert insight into the trip. How do you get that? Just call us at 800-829-7238 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to give you feedback that's been crafted with over 35 years in the industry!
Do you have a large group of eight or more and would like request a trip? If you know your trip details, planned dates, and number of people in your group, you can get started right now.