Stanislaus River Flows
What are the flows in 2022?
Flows should be mellow in the summer of 2022.
Flows in lateSeptember will be in the 200CFS range, which is average for this time of year, but is definitely a mellow, lazy-river type flow. In late September/early October the flows increase quite a bit for Salmon spawning, so if you are going out in your own equipment, please check river levels first!
Do note that flows can change dramatically overnight. This section of river is 100% dam controlled, so flows can increase or decrease based on the needs of local and state water quality requirements.
For daily flow information, please visit: Stanislaus River Flows
A Guide to Flows
- Flows are measured in cubic feet per second (CFS).
- Average flows on the Stanislaus in summer months are between 200-749CFS. These flows are considered amateur-friendly "float trips".
- Flows between 750-999CFS are still mellow, but we do recommend participants know how to swim, and you want to have one adult per child attending.
- Flows between 1000-1299CFS are more challenging, and require at least 2+ strong paddlers per boat, and we recommend all participants know how to swim. Alcohol is not allowed.
- Flows between 1300-1999CFS are considered high flow. Participants need to know how to swim, all boats need 2+ strong paddlers, and strong communication among group members is a must. Alcohol is banned at these flows. All children must be 7 or older.
- Flows above 2000CFS are normally too dangerous to run trips. We do not recommend the general public raft above 2000CFS.
Making a Reservation
So you've taken a look, you like what you see, and you want to bring some friends and family out to go rafting! Now what do you do? Making a reservation is the first step, and Sunshine makes it easy to plan for you and your group! Just click book now on the top right menu, or call us at 800-829-7238!
Getting More Information
You know the trip sounds awesome, but you want some expert insight into the trip. How do you get that? Just call us at 800-829-7238 or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We'd be happy to give you feedback that's been crafted with over 35 years in the industry!
Do you have a large group of eight or more and would like request a trip? If you know your trip details, planned dates, and number of people in your group, you can get started right now.